When redoing your home or office decor, choosing the colours you will use for the walls and furnishing can be quite daunting for many.
In this post we share 5 simple ways of choosing that perfect colour palette…
1. If you have a piece of art which can be the focal point of the room you wish to redecorate, pick your colours from there. It could be anything, a painting, a photograph, a statue, a recliner, antique wall frame. You can choose colours from it, or something that is contrasting. The idea is to draw inspiration from the most attractive piece in your room and highlight it by putting together a surrounding that is becoming of its status.
2. Everyone has their favourite colours, pick one that goes with your, room layout ( if the room is small, pick lighter shades), view from the window ( If you have nice greenery outside, keep the colours muted, its best to draw the focus to the premium view) Lighting (If the natural light in the room is less go for lighter shades, if its plenty then opt for brighter shades). Add accessories of a contrasting colour. If the room is coloured in shades of cream, play around with brighter tones in your upholstery, soft furnishings, other decor items. The idea is to ensure, that in the end everything is in sync and nothing looks jarring to the eye.
3. The safest bet is to go with whites and creams for the bigger walls and pick a bold colour for one stand alone wall or smaller wall. By doing this you will turn that wall into the highlight of your room. It will help lift the entire space.
4. Your furniture too should play a significant part in your choice of colours. If you have heavy and dark furniture, going with darker shades is always a risk. Similarly if your furniture is bright coloured its best to keep the walls neutral. Light coloured furniture, give you plenty of scope to work on your walls.
5. In the end, we would suggest experiment! Its your space, it should reflect your personality and should be warm and welcoming to anyone who you wish to share it with. You don’t always need deep pockets to create a beautiful house, what you do need is a little bit of imagination 🙂
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries and need help with your decor ideas. We would be happy to assist and its free 🙂
So drop us a mail and we will help you put together a space that reflects your personal style!
Post By Merlin Francis